Sundays, 9:15 a.m. With Dottie Henderson, LUT
The Sunday morning adult discussion group is adopting a new focus for the New Year. Different study topics will be announced for each seven week period. There is no sign up, no text, and no cost. There is no expectation that you attend each discussion. Just show up at 9:15 a.m. every Sunday morning you are available, and join this heart-centered group in open and lively discussion. Beginning January 7, our first study topic will be:
“Cultivating God Mind through Parables”
This first seven week study uses the deeper meanings in Jesus’ parables to guide participants in their spiritual transformation and growth. Through becoming more aware of how one’s state of mind influences one’s experiences and how to transform thoughts and actions, participants realize they can experience more and more of the kingdom of God every moment of every day.
- Practice looking for deeper meaning in parables as a source for self-exploration, inspiration, and truth.
- Become more aware of how their state of mind and receptivity for good influences their thoughts, ideas, and experiences.
- Observe thought patterns and their demonstrations in their lives.
- Acknowledge and apply innate and unexpressed talents in everyday living.
- Release limiting thoughts and beliefs and gain insight into what else needs to change to support new intentions.
- Combine feeling with thought in order to transform ideas and intentions into action.
- Claim their inheritance as children of God and accept their good.
Please note that Adult Education will not be offered on Christmas Eve, December 24 and New Years Eve, December 31. We look forward to seeing you. Our group meets in the Unity Heights Building located next to the sanctuary on 8103 Broadway Street in suite 210. Contact us if you have questions about our discussion group by clicking here.